Sunday, February 12, 2012

Work In Progress, That's Lucee


Lucee a.k.a. Fang, don't let the innocent look fool you.
We are a go for exercise! Thank heavens. My kids want nothing to do with the puppy A.K.A Fang because she wants to use them as a chew toy.

We finally decided on a name after going several rounds. I wanted Beckett but the youngest daughter didn’t like it at all. So we went back to my list and the first name I wrote down, Lucy. We aren’t spelling her name the traditional way we are spelling it Lucee.

Lucee will turn seven months on Friday and she is a terror. We have quite a bit of work to do before Lucee is ready to hang out with children or people outside of our home. She nips and yesterday barked at a man walking past us on the sidewalk.

I am eager to start training classed with her but I need to make sure she is parasite free, I wouldn’t want to get any other dogs sick. Right now, we are using the clicker, Kong’s, tug and her daily food to mark and reinforce the behaviors we want. My husband is handling the tugging activity and I will teach her fetch and work on her loose leash walking. Hopefully when classes start in two weeks she’ll be well on her way.

We have a long road ahead of us and hopefully the next 24 weeks of training I have enrolled in will teach me to lead her to proper family manners and eventually to Canine Good Citizen. It worked for Wyatt and have no doubt it will work for Lucee.

Until next time, Woof!

No comments:

Post a Comment