Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Quiet No More


Our search is over! Monday brought the news that my application to adopt the six-month-old yellow lab was approved. To say I was excited is an understatement. I am over the moon. I can’t wait for Josie to meet her and that will happen today. I have no doubt it will go smoothly. Josie is a calm, sweet and level tempered dog. Josie’s meet and greet is the easy part of this whole process, the hard part is naming our new pup. It’s been easier choosing a food than choosing her name.

I’ve narrowed the food choices to three brands from TheWhole Dog Journal’s list of Approved Dry Foods for 2012. My choices are Blue Buffalo (puppy), Wellness (puppy) and Natural Balance Ultra (All Stages). I’m leaning toward the Natural Balance because it’s an All Stages food that I can feed the puppy as well as Josie and because I have fed Josie Natural Balance in the past. Of course, if it doesn’t work for them then I will try another until we get the right match for dogs. I’m also researching food rotation, if we get bored with our food, I would think that dogs get bored too.

I need to solve the name issue. Trying to get four people to agree on a name is difficult. I made a list of forty or more names and no one could agree on one. I played the Mom card. Since I am the one home with the puppy all day, I will shorten the list to these names-

·         Beckett                Willow
·         Harlow                 Whisper
·         Cooper                 Sprite
·         Finnegan               Campbell
·         Lucy Lou              Cider
·         Orianna  (Ori)       Noodle
·         Georgie                Pixie

Still no agreement on a name, I want her to have a name that isn’t common with dogs and it needs to work well with training, too many syllables isn’t the best way to go so you can safely eliminate at least two names on the list. We have until Thursday or maybe I will bring her home without a name and see more of her personality. Stay tuned to see the name drama play out.

Until next time WOOF!

No comments:

Post a Comment