Sunday, January 29, 2012

Love at First, Second and Third Sight


My New Puppy. Keeping my thoughts positive.
Love at first, second and third sight. I’ve met the dog that will fill the quiet for Josie and me. It’s the Lab I met on Thursday at TheFredericksburg SPCA. I put in an application to adopt her that day and found out that I was the second application. My first reaction was shoot, always a day late. Then I thought no! She’s my dog and she will be coming home with me soon. My daughter told me not to get my hopes up and I did the mature thing, plugged my ears, and said, “I’m not listening. La, la, la! I’m not listening.”

Second was taking my husband to meet her on Friday. We spent thirty minutes with her. She’s quite a handful. She has no manners, she’s a jumper and she couldn’t sit still, but with exercise and lots of training, those behaviors should dissipate. My I’m not listening attitude proved fruitful on Friday because I found out the first applicant removed her application on My Puppy.

Third was Saturday. I took my youngest daughter to meet our Lab. The puppy was rambunctious and my daughter was cool, she’ll love running with me was what she said. The puppy was so full of energy all I wanted to do was take her outside to play. I can’t wait to get her home with my family. Yes, I am staying positive.

Everyone in the family has said yes to have her in the family. While I will be the primary caretaker, everyone has agreed to give her the time and attention needed to make her feel loved and of course trained. 

Now we wait. I’m terrible at waiting. I’ve chosen to take the positive approach to waiting. I am making a list of names, choosing her collar color, and deciding what the right food for her will be. And Monday I, hope will bring us the news that she is now a part of my family.

Until next time, Woof!

No comments:

Post a Comment